IPC Technical Services LLC. based in Tucson, Arizona, is a minority, women-owned small business. We provide strategic consulting, IT, Cyber Security and Engineering Services, managed services for commercial, government and non-profit organizations.
Our client is looking for a dynamic and technically savvy Hardware Engineer whose job responsibilities will entail designing, developing, modifying, evaluating and implementing new and existing hardware systems, supporting project team lead responsibilities.
Position Location: Vandenberg AFB CA
Status: US Citizens
Clearance: Secret Clearance or Clearable for clearance
Essential Job Functions:
- A project management/support background desirable
- Researches, designs, develops, modifies, and implements new and/or existing capabilities for Range support hardware systems
- Conducts/supports Level 1, 2, and 3 testing to qualify hardware systems for Range operations
- Develops, recommends, and implements design approaches for products and/or processes
- Analyzes, develops, recommends and implements approaches to meet Range requirements with direction/support of the Engineering lead.
- Reviews literature, patents and current practices to support business requirements and/or new industry technology
- Evaluates and recommends component suppliers and vendor capabilities. Acts as liaison with approved vendors/suppliers to maintain product/process availability and working relationship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with additional documented coursework in Radio Frequency and Antenna theory
- Experience working with Windows based computer systems and components
- Understanding of the principles and application of RF instrumentation
- Understanding of the principles and mitigation of RFI
- Experience working with hardware design/development/implementation
- Experience working with electronic test equipment and tools including logic analyzers and oscilloscopes
- Experience developing project proposals within defined time constraints involving multi-discipline teams. The definition, planning, and execution of an EE Senior Project is acceptable experience
- Effective communication skills with demonstrated capability to brief project information to management and customers
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills to balance, plan, prioritize, and execute projects
- Ability to work within a dynamic, fast paced environment with time constraints
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team