Linux Systems Administrator
IPC Technical Services LLC. based in Tucson, Arizona, is a minority, women-owned small business. We provide strategic consulting, IT, Cyber Security and Engineering Services, managed services for commercial, government and non-profit organizations.
IPCTS is seeking an experienced Linux Systems Administrator. As a Linux Systems Administrator (Sr. Computer Systems Technologist II, Principal Computer Systems Technologist) you’ll collaborate with a diverse team supporting Raytheon’s critical programs with classified information system capabilities in a mixed Unix-based/Windows-based environment. As a Linux/Unix Subject Matter Expert, you’re responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining secure, cost-efficient environments across various classified programs at our facility.
If you’re a team player who is passionate about innovation and constantly seeking ways to improve how business is done, look at this Linux Systems Administrator opportunity!
Position Location: Andover, MA
- US Citizenship is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of Day One of employment.
- Qualified applicants will be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information’s.
- Citizenship and an active TS/SCI security clearance with CI polygraph are required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Your primary responsibilities will include technical project implementation and sustaining engineering services for Linux/Unix-based environments. You’ll also provide daily system administration/maintenance support on Windows, Linux, and UNIX-based environments in client/server, network and data storage capacities.
- Collaborating with partners to define computing requirements and create end-to-end solutions consisting of hardware and operating system technologies
- Integrating and partnering with programs to solve complex infrastructure problems
- Assuring an elevated level of reliability and performance through systems monitoring and infrastructure management
- Responding to online end-user service requests
- Ensuring server and application compliance with security and performance requirements (NISPOM, RMF)
- Converting and upgrading to new systems
- Developing, revising and maintaining technical and operational documentation (including procedures) to continually improve our computing environments
- Maintaining and growing your own technical competence in multiple areas (such as Windows, Linux, virtualization, User Authentication, DNS, NFS, system imaging/build automation)
- Assisting in developing the overall performance and capability of your technical team through mentoring and knowledge sharing
- International or Domestic travel (potential)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science, Mathematics or a Technical Discipline OR 8 years of applicable professional experience in a related field in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- 6+ years of experience with Windows and / or Linux System Administration.
- Experience with virtual computing technologies such as VMware ESXi and/or vSphere.
- Experience troubleshooting Linux Operating Systems and Applications
- Security+ certification or willingness to obtain within 6 months of employment
- US Citizenship is required
- CISSP certification
- Strong knowledge of other *nix operating systems (e.g. Solaris, Irix)
- Working knowledge of Windows operating systems, including Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 2K3 Server, Windows 2K8 server
- Knowledge of Active Directory and group policy management
- Working knowledge of thin client technologies
- Experience with data storage and data backup technologies
- Working knowledge of operating system provisioning – Cobbler, Ghost, MS MDT
- Working knowledge of system update management – WSUS, SCOM, Chef
- Working knowledge of computer system monitoring – Nagios.
- Working knowledge of unified OS account management technologies.
- Good understanding of fundamental TCP/IP concepts
- Scripting / programming experience
- Strong understanding of fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Curiosity, problem solving, desire to learn new skills
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Experience working as part of a team collaborating on problem resolution.
- Language expertise in addition to English